Comcast Xfinity is guilty of throttling internet speeds and monitoring its users’ online activities.
At one point, customers were being shown constant advertisements for Xfinity and its own movie and premium packages, specifically those who were streaming Netflix
In the face of this malpractice, Comcast blamed Netflix’s own technology for poor service.
Moreover, it’s only accessible in the United States, so if you’re traveling abroad and want to gain access, you’re going to need a VPN, and one with a lot of servers in the US.
This is why, even if you aren’t facing geo-blocked content, you should still invest in an Xfinity VPN.
As you can see, picking the right VPN can be hard. Whether you’re streaming or want faster internet speeds, choosing between a range of VPNs will be difficult if you don’t know what you’re looking for. Don’t waste your hard-earned money on a VPN that will do the opposite.
We saved you all the trouble. Here are our top VPN choices for Comcast Xfinity.
The Market Leader NordVPN
NordVPN’s ability to provide super-fast, long-lasting connections puts it at the top of its game. You can trust NordVPN to keep your connection from crashing. This is a great advantage to those of you who are using Xfinity for work. It is relatively user-friendly.
NordVPN also prevents the Xfinity service itself from invading your privacy, as the VPN indeed blocks the service from viewing your browsing history. Moreover, the VPN has received incredible ratings for its ability to bypass geo-blocked content. The support staff are quite experienced and are always available to assist you should you need help.
- Superb connection speeds – VPNs are nothing if it isn’t backed by fast connection speed, especially when consumers are using one to stream content that is otherwise being slowed down by their internet service provider.
- More than 1400 servers – this guarantees access to NordVPN’s connection so that users can conveniently stream whenever they want.
- NordVPN’s users will never have to worry about buffering or frozen images gave it never caps its bandwidth.
- Redeem any initial outlay if you don’t think NordVPN is doing it for you with their 30-day money-back guarantee.
Xfinity poses many limitations to its users. So, when you’re looking for ways to circumvent these, Surfshark VPN gives competition out there a run for their money. The network offers a great server fleet of more than 1000 servers.
Despite the industry standard is 5 devices, Surfshark currently allows users to connect to an unlimited number of devices at one time. Its servers operate at a consistent speed at various parts of the day. Pricing is superb, and it offers one of the lowest prices for a VPN packed with so many features.
- Customers can remain assured that their sensitive data remains private with Surfshark due to their strict no-logs policy
- Surfshark doesn’t impose caps on the amount of data consumed by its users so they can stream and access as much content as they want.
- Surfshark’s large network makes establishing a VPN connection with its servers fast.
- Quick connections – One of the benefits of such a large network is that customers can enjoy fast connections (no freezing or buffering) that make browsing a pleasurable experience.
- As a sign of confidence meant to reassure potential customers, Surfshark offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
ExpressVPN offers good service and an impressive number of servers packed with excellent features. ExpressVPN is on the pricier side, no doubt. But, its services make the price more than worth paying.
- ExpressVPN’s connection speed makes for good streaming and torrent activities.
- By expanding its servers all over the world, Xfinity customers can access content in 94 countries effortlessly.
- Strict privacy protocols – using an AES 256 bit encryption so that customers can browse the net without Comcast knowing they are streaming content that would otherwise be throttled.
- No logs. Period.
- 30-day money-back guarantee
4. Private Internet Access
Private Internet Access is a software company that offers VPN services under the same name. They have become one of the most popular VPNs in the business.
PIA offers over 3000 servers in 29 different countries worldwide. Its military-grade encryption protects its users’ personal details and they follow the industry-standard OpenVPN protocol to encrypt data. Among PIA’s security features you’ll find the app can be customized to your needs. They also provide a Kill Switch feature, DNS leak, and IP leak protection, as well as Mace, a feature that blocks domains used by third-party advertisers.
- PIA also abides by a stern zero logs policy to ensure total privacy to its users.
- Allows ten simultaneous connections.
- Supports BitTorrent.
- Multiple platform support.
- Strong stance on customer privacy.
IPVanish offers impeccable service in that it follows through with all that it promises on its website and in its policies. Additionally, it ensures that your connection to Xfinity remains optimum. You can rely on it to provide state of the art coverage, even in countries like China. This VPN exceeds all expectations: strong encryption, excellent privacy, and up to 10 connections per account. IPVanish works well if you want to use Comcast Xfinity on your Kodi device.
- Surfshark has over 470 servers spread all over the United States
- Unlimited bandwidth and server switching
- 256-bit encryption
- 7-day money-back guarantee
ProtonVPN is not the biggest or even the cheapest of VPNs. It provides fewer servers, but divides them among subscribers, with feature offers seen in only the big VPN competitors. It places a strong emphasis on user privacy but is very easy to use. It restricts some of the features I’ve come to expect in the best VPNs to its most expensive tier, but the tiers below it are still very good and very competitively priced. It offers an amazing free version that has unlimited data usage.
- Excellent privacy policies.
- Excellent free version.
- Flexible, low-cost plans.
- Focus on physical security.
- Slick, accessible client.
- Multi-hop VPN to secure locations and Tor connections.
Cyber Ghost VPN works hard to protect your security when you are using Xfinity. This impressive and trustworthy VPN service provider enables you to transfer and accept data in a private and secure manner. This means that no hacker’s eyes can intrude.
The service is cost-effective and also has a user-friendly interface. Moreover, it works well in China. The company is fixed on its zero-logs policy. They will never collect your internet data, and therefore will not sell it to the highest bidder, or hand it over to the authorities.
- Cyberghost operates substantial 1,111 servers, located in different locations across the world.
- Cyberghost offers AES 256-BIT encryption.
- 60-day money-back guarantee – double of what most VPN providers offer.
FastestVPN is relatively new in the game, and already offers many top services you would see being done from an industry leader like NordVPN. It offers high-speed connections, 99.9% uptime, and unlimited server switching.
FastestVPN also unblocks Hulu. As for Netflix, you can still expect geo-blocks. It can’t unblock Netflix for you. Their software meets the highest security standards and military-grade encryption. They have an inbuilt NAT firewall, an extra security layer that blocks all unrequested traffic. FastestVPN also now has a kill-switch.
- Like many other VPNs, FastestVPN has a zero logs policy
- NAT firewall
- Seven-day money-back guarantee
- Five simultaneous connections
If you take everything into account, with the perfect VPN for Comcast Xfinity, you can overcome their speed throttling and anti-privacy schemes. Get a good VPN bargain from any of the providers we’ve mentioned and binge on your favorite streaming websites on Xfinity fearlessly!
Image Credit: GeekWire